Monday, March 16, 2009

It Finally Came.....

My invite to come back to the Wallowa Valley Festival of Arts came in the mail last week and I'm so excited!!!! It was a dream come true to get juried in last year, and since I won a blue ribbon for my lemons painting I have the incentive to come back again. Isn't that a lovely lake setting? I can walk up there every morning when I'm in Oregon, and I love the peace, serenity and beauty of the place. My mom still resides in spirit there, so spending time in Wallowa Valley is a healing place for me, and getting to fulfill our dream of being a part of the art community in Wallowa Valley is so, well, wonderful! The folks who dedicate so much volunteer time to make this show happen are truly amazing, and such nice people as well!
The building you see with the red pick up and trailor in front of it on the left, is now a real estate office and has a restaurant where the tavern used to be, but the real estate office used to be an eatery called the Gold Room. Mom worked there for awhile and we used to love going there to get large plates of fries for 75 cents, along with thick creamy milk shakes. Yummmm! We have our home 2 blocks away, so we can walk downtown easily, and I often ride my bike there to get supplies at the hardware store. What a place that is! The clerks greet you and help you find whatever you are looking for, and are always good for a joke or tease. If they don't have what you want, they can order it. It's a home town hardware store, with a bit of housewares too, so if you need a bowl, or grater, toaster, you name it they have it. As much money as we spend there each summer we should own half the store by now.
Anyway, I have 2 months to put together 3 pieces for the art show, so I'd better get to it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Invite. The pics of Wallowa Lake & Joseph to beautiful. I'm just so pleased that you and Kent are able to spend time up there. Keep up the Art! Does the beauty feed your creative self?

Sheryl Parsons said...

Oh yes! I love the serenity, fresh air, wild life (no not the folks at Embers Brewhouse):-), and people. They are so warm and friendly!

:-)
Sheryl