Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Promises of good things to come.....


...unless the cold weather reported over the next couple of days takes it's toll, these lovely peach blossoms are a promise of good things to come! Heavenly gifts, sent sent from above, by the ultimate artist. I can already smell the sweet fragrance of a fresh sliced peach, juicy and bursting with flavor. Peaches for breakfast, sliced into yogurt, or over pancakes, or just by itself as a snack. Peach pie, or cobbler, spicy warm from the oven with vanilla ice cream. And don't forget peach jam on homemade bread with lots of real butter! The fun part of making jam is that you get to sample as you go. It's what all good cooks do, right? I hope that Spring has sent you promises of the good things to come as well.

2 comments:

anotherlinda said...

I want a peach tree now...whaaa whaaaaa.....

Sheryl Parsons said...

Lol Linda! I love my little tree, but when we move to Oregon for good I can't have a peach tree. Will have to go to the canyons and pick them. It's too cold in Joseph to grow them there. We do have an apple tree and a plum though. Need to get a couple more for cross pollination. So do you have space for a tree?