Monday, August 30, 2010

Utah State Fair Here I Come!! WIP Done

It's always a great feeling when you can pull a piece out of trouble and then finish it. I changed the lettering on this painting with my husband's help as a consultant. We discussed several font options using photoshop to do mock ups. What a great way to use Photoshop! Then I had to try my hand at painting the lettering we chose. After some prayer and several deep breaths..lol, I tackled the lettering where I surprised even myself! So I will sign and seal this painting, then it is ready to go.

My dilemma now is to decide which sculpted piece I will enter in the creative arts competition of the fair. My husband's first choice is this Santa
I wonder though if this one might be better?
What do you think? I will probably go with the Santa, but I would love some feedback on this! Thanks in advance! Don't forget to get signed up for our AHA Studios Marketplace giveaway and then visit the other give away blogs for more chances to win! Scroll down to the opening announcement for more details. Hope you have a wonderful Monday!

3 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Love them both, but I agree with your husband..enter the Santa!

Lots of luck!

zladybug said...

As a santa lover and gourder myself santa wins, I was wondering how you weight your gourds to keep them from being top heavy. Thanks Zelda

Sheryl Parsons said...

Hi Zelda, Thanks for stopping by! I don't usually have to weight them if they have a base such as the coat trim, or a wood plaque they sit on. I have used lead shot for a weight in some of my work though.