Friday, March 18, 2011

Abstract Art- Challenging Myself...

 Awhile back Alyice Edrich of The Dabbling Mum shared a youtube video of work by Paul Bozzo. It was fascinating to me how he put his pieces together so I decided to try my hand at his technique. My first piece warped as I used a bare canvas, but this one didn't as I used a piece of standard board which is a type of lightweight sheet rock. It's easy to cut, and easy to work with.
Then I gathered stamps, doilies, and tools to create texture just as Paul does. I took a different approach than he, more a spring time theme for the fun of it. It was a blast to try this, and I may do more, perhaps with different themes. Layering the paint and sealer was also interesting as I like bold color but am still learning the whole "what comes first" thing. It's different for different media, some you would start light to dark, others dark to light and this ended up being a bit of both.
I would sure love some feedback on this and how it turned out. Thanks for stopping by. :-)

4 comments:

mary helen said...

this is really lovely, I am so drawn to the colors and texture, very, very nice! ~mary helen

Hanni said...

Wow, this looks wonderful. This colors are great! Thanks for showing.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Do another...it dazzles the eye.
Smiles, Debbie

Paul Bozzo said...

I'm sorry that I missed your comment back in January! What a nice surprise to see your work - I like your sense of design and the colors you've achieved. I think that you've given me some new ideas. Also thanks for the plug! BEst.