Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sometimes you just have to make something for you....

I don't know about you, but sometimes it's hard to let everything you create go out the door for someone else. Sure, we all enjoy the joy and pleasure folks get from our creations, but sometimes don't you just want to keep something for yourself?
I decided to get ahead of that and just create a necklace and earrings set to go with a western shirt I have. Funny thing, the shirt is almost too big for me now, but hey, I can still wear it so why not? The colors are compatible with other items of clothing in my closet so its a win/win!  I wore this to watch the Chief Joseph Days parade, and got several compliments on the necklace which is a pay off wouldn't you say? Giggle!
It's time to put this set away though as we are going on a picnic out in the woods, and then on to fishing. Not the sort of thing you wear to the lake where the only company you have are folks in jeans and t-shirts or cattle or deer and a heron or flock of geese. I'm thinking I want a nice sweater to wear this with for Autumn time...what do you think?

No comments: