Saturday, September 24, 2011

Autumn Elements...

Another of my Autumn clothing favorites was pulled out of storage, and thus the inspiration in part for this necklace. I figure that if I want to sell jewelry, it doesn't hurt to be a walking advertisement for what I do. Or, it's probably a great excuse to make jewelry for myself. :-) This soft burnt orange faux suede top matches a skirt with the many colors of this piece. So now I'm ready to show off some more new work as we head to the city today for temple and feasting at Benihana.
 Brass acorn beads, vibrant ruby Lucite leaves, moss green pearls and soft turquoise twists are complimented by gray wood beads in this Autumn elements necklace. I found a new bead store in Salt Lake City, and while some of the beads I know I can get much cheaper on ebay, they had some pieces that I've not seen in my internet travels through bead land.
Of course, what jewelry ensemble would be complete without matching earrings? Who knew jewelry making would be so addicting? If you have a special outfit that you would like some matching jewelry for, contact me and lets see if we can come up with a custom set or piece for you. You can email me at mothersdream@mac.com

No comments: