Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year...new WIPS

 I'm not sure how far I will get on these projects as I'm at the in-laws trying to keep them happy while sneaking away once in awhile to my tiny room to work. Not that my in-laws are hard to please, but Dad is only partly ambulatory and Mom has dementia, so I'm never sure which Mom I get to deal with and whether or not I'm doing all I can to make Dad's last days here comfortable as possible. For now, in keeping with my ever vigilant effort to upcycle as I create I've got a lightbulb bunny in the works.
When I saw this remote I knew exactly what I could do with this, but first I checked to make sure there were no Magnavox TV's here anymore....lol and I've started the project, but will reveal more at a later date. It's amazing the things folks collect, even those who tend to toss everything not nailed down. My in-laws are no exception so I have a treasure trove of goodies to possibly turn into folk art. I've already connived a vintage button collection and Japanese coin away, hopefully that won't count as the inheritance...;-). Anyhew, I must dash off to the dentist for a cleaning and check up. What do you think I will do with this remote?

No comments: